If you want to buy an impact wrench, it is impossible to decide which one to choose. Some are robust, some are durable, while others are cheaper. Above all, the false advertising does not help either! When choosing an impact wrench, it is essential that you see its power, speed, and above all, its durability. The safest option to invest money in is a cordless impact wrench. While they are cheaper than the other types, a good quality impact wrench would work just as good as an air impact wrench, and last for a couple of years. Keeping that in mind, we tested a few cordless impact wrenches. This is Ryobi 1/2-inch Cordless Impact Wrench review.
About the product – Ryobi 1/2-inch Cordless Impact Wrench review
The Ryobi cordless impact wrench has a drive of 1/2 inch. It runs on a lithium-ion battery, of 18 volts and 4 Ah capacity. The Lithium-ion battery is rechargeable and has to be bought separately. The impact wrench weighs about 8 pounds and its package dimensions are 10 x 9 x 6 inches. The impact wrench can be used at home by amateurs, for recreational purposes, or by professionals in their workshops.
- It is cordless: The Ryobi cordless impact wrench is battery operated. It requires a rechargeable lithium-ion battery of 18 volts to work. There are many advantages of it being cordless. Firstly, it is more mobile than electric or air impact wrenches. While carrying those, one has to carry wires or a compressed gas cylinder, however, the Ryobi cordless impact wrench is easily portable and can work anywhere, requiring just a battery.
- It is safer: An electric or air impact wrenches are more prone to accidents, however, chances of accidents while using the Ryobi cordless impact wrench are greatly reduced. This is because there are fewer chances of electrical short circuits or unsafe storage of compressed gas cylinders.
- It has variable speed: The Ryobi cordless impact wrench has variable speed. Therefore, the user can set it to 3 different speeds before using it. This allows the machine to be used for a variety of purposes, making it highly versatile.
- ASIN: B017UXSET8
- Part number: P261, P118, P197
- Item weight: 8 pounds
- Package dimensions: 10 x 9 x 6 inches
- Power source: Lithium-ion 4 Ah capacity
- Voltage: 18 volts
- Number of handles: 1
Customer feedback and conclusion
The Ryobi cordless is not anything like we have seen before. It is a simple tool that has it all: power, speed, and durability. As it is, the Ryobi cordless impact wrench is inexpensive compared to its counterparts on the market, but its durability also makes is very cost effective.
The Ryobi cordless impact wrench received 4.1 out of 5 stars, and almost unanimously positive reviews on the Amazon. The customers are particularly impressed by its ability to unscrew tough lug nuts and bolts. Due to being cordless, it is also able to reach places where it is difficult for an electric or an air impact wrench. If you haven’t bought it yet, do yourself a favour and buy today!